Sunday, May 29, 2011

#8 Get a Good Night of Sleep!

Well your dad and I just got back from our first overnight away from you. Nanna and Ba came to watch you at our house. You did great. Dad is fine--and mom survived. No, no, your mom had a good time. Not just one night but two! However I did make a trip home to kiss your little cheeks during the day.

Back to the advice! I realized while away that I really needed one thing I finally got. A good night of rest. I love you but you aren't the most understanding when it comes to adult sleep needs. I hadn't truly realized it until I finally slept for an 8 hour stretch of time for the first time since February. Needless to say, I feel great.

In the world we live in it seems that many people think we don't need to sleep. However it has been proven time and time again that we NEED sleep. You need to be able to relax, to recharge your battery, and to face the world with a fresh mind. As a child it is proven that most of your growing will be done while you are sleeping and I want you to grow big and strong!

Please child, no matter what is on your to-do list learn to take time regularly for good undisturbed sleep. You will have plenty of time to be awake at 2 a.m. when you have babies of your own.




No comments:

Post a Comment